Thursday, August 15, 2013

As Promised

Here it is, my 14 day clean eating meal plan, but first
what clean eating means to me.
Clean eating for me is non processed, whole grains, lean proteins with lots of veggies, little to no sugar. It also means budget friendly, because I dont know if you remember but home girl is broke-ass. I buy fresh fruits and veggies when they are in season and cheap-o, but I whip up frozen veggies like I'm on Iron Chef.

We are still in the middle of this plan so there are some new recipes that we haven't tried yet. The ones we've had I'll comment on!

Day One: Chicken and Broccilli Tetrazzini
This was amazing! Hubs had seconds and I even had it a few days later for lunch with a little hot sauce on it. So good.
Day Two: Honey Lime Grilled Chicken with Zucchini and Corn Succotash
This will def be making it in the rotation. It was soooo good and super easy. Hubs gets bored with chicken on the grill so this changed it up, and the side...heaven.
Day Three: Penne Rosa with Shrimp
It was good, but way too spicy for the kids, and I BARELY put any pepper flakes in. *Side note this blog is amazing!
I hate these plates...

Day Four: Mexican Casserole from my woman crush Jen over at Fatchick2fitchick
This is currently in the oven and I want to nose dive into already
This little guy is from our garden!!

Day Five: Tacos
This is a weekly meal, we used lean ground turkey, a low sodium seasoning packet, and load up on veggies. I want to try to make my own tortillas at home...anyone have a recipe??
Day Six: BBQ Ranch Chicken Salads
Day Seven: Burgers with fries (sweet potatoes for me, regular for the hubs)
Day Eight: Turkey meatballs and whole wheat spaghetti
I have never tried meatballs because the MIL makes these and I don't even ATTEMPT her recipes, I refuse to get the "It's good but not my mom's".... but here goes nothing.
Day Nine: Steak and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Another one from Jen....we love it. I eat these cold the next day....so weird but I can't help it, cheese gets me everytime
Day Ten:Whole Wheat Pizza
We do this a lot but I'm trying a new crust recipes
Day Eleven: Steak Carnitas in the Crockpot
Day Twelve: Chicken, a veggie and SIMPLY SALAD
I hate this pasta in a box, but my husband loves it and requests it. I do not eat it, so I will be making sweet potatoes again.... 
Day Thirteen: BBQ chicken wraps
Day Fourteen: Turkey Tacos, and cupcakes.
Just kidding.....about the tacos...
This is how I get things on the top shelve.... anyone else??


On another note, the winner of the Free Blog design from Hubby Jack is announced tomorrow....keep your fingers crossed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment