Monday, February 24, 2014

The Weekend That Was

Holy shit was my weekend busy.
I never do "weekend re-caps" but I feel like I mentally need to say goodbye to this weekend so it doesn't flow into the week. 
Anyone that knows me, knows that I tend to put a lot on my plate. 
The plate of life that is. 
Also my food plate, but that's another story.....
So between all the normal shit I do I decided it would be cool to go and get my CDA (certified Dental Assistant). 
Oh you don't have enough degrees you don't use Candra... why not go out and get yourself some smancy certificatteeeee. 
Shut up self. I do what I want. 
So this weekend was my first course. 
Infection Control in a Dental Office.... also known as Handwashing and Using Disinfectant wipes. 
For real. 
Three hours on a Saturday to talk about how to wash your hands, and how to wipe down everything in the office after you touch it, and before you touch it, and when you think about touching it, and also when you just feel like it needs to be wiped down. 
Then you watch it dry, and start over. 
Holly would have probably loved this class. 

I also got to wear scrubs for the first time ever. 
Wal-mart special fools!
They are like pajamas. 
Comfy and kinda cute, but do nothing for my ass, and make me tired. 

After the class the hubs and I went out to redeem his Living Social coupon for a remote starter in his truck. 
He's all mine ladies.

My nephew and his girlllllfriennnnndddd babysat. 
I also like to play jokes on him so I sent him numerous text messages to keep him on his game. 
Mind you my son is almost two...

Good news is he was totally going to do it. 
Bad news is he was totally going to do it. 

Saturday night when the hubs and I were lying in bed too tired to even hold hands we mentioned how late it was and I rolled over to look at the clock. 
8:03pm......
Ladies and Gentlemen. I am officially old. 
I guess its valid since 
I'M A GREAT AUNT.... ahhh. I literally can not get over this. 
Also my face gained Tricia's Pregnancy weight.

He's the third cutest kid in the world. 
I am BEYOND proud of my niece, and also super jealous because she didn't have any of the wonderful things they forget to mention in the baby books, LIKE TEARING. 
Well let me just tell you, 
baby fever is real. 
While this blog won't be turning into a pregnancy blog any time soon. 
It's happening. 
We are going to have another baby by next summer. 
Or whenever the hell I decide to make an appointment to get my IUD out. 

Then came Sunday... 
I drove super far to do one of the coolest things ever. 
Aerial Yoga. 


I want to tell you guys all about it in detail so make sure you come back tomorrow so you can read about how I prayed I wouldn't fart, and my husband looked up sex swings. 

I also really miss Skinny Meg's Workout Wednesdays, soooo I have a little something up my sleeve for you guys on Wednesdays!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous I want a remote starter so bad. I have to get one soon. You did have a packed weekend. I can't wait to see what you are doing on Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did have a packed weekend! Sounds like a good weekend though so good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first car I bought I had a remote starter installed and it was heaven. The car I have now is a lease so I didn't put one in but I can't wait to have one again. Ummm I want to do aerial yoga. And I've definitely gotten in the tub with kids I babysit before... sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. These were kids I knew well or was related to so it wasn't weird to the parents. I believe I even texted them pics. And I wasn't nakey. And I think I'll stop writing now before this gets even weirder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I wouldn't give for a remote start! And I'm almost positive that I was born with baby fever. I sometimes have to force myself to remember to enjoy the moment now and not sit and daydream about the babies we're going to have. I'd like to at least get through the wedding in October, ya know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha you made me laugh out loud so many times reading the blog. Ohhhh my Candra, you are hilarious. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend. AND when you posted that pic of you upside down I thought about the whole farting thing too.!!!!! It did look completely awesome especially if you didn't fart!

    ReplyDelete