Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Hampshire is for Lovers, or Those Who Choose to Live Free or Die.

Don't worry I am fully aware that's Virginia, but I feel otherwise.
I love living in New Hampshire, and I can say that because I've lived in many other states, and even other countries and I wouldn't trade my little ole state for anything. I'm an outdoors, backwoods, beer drinking, camo wearing kinda girl.

Yesturday the hubs and I took full advantage of living in New Hampshire and drove maybe 15 minutes and kayaked around a lake, went swimming, and kayaked back. Amazing.
  
He unloaded those bad boys
Not only can we kayak in the summer, we can do fun things like this in the winter,
She was excited about being the measurement for the snow...
I could go on all day about how much I love New Hampshire, but instead I'll leave you with this,


You Know You're From New Hampshire When...


  • you only own three spices - salt, pepper and ketchup
  • you design your Halloween costumes to fit over snow suits
  • the mosquitoes have landing lights
  • the men are men, and so are the women
  • you have more miles on your snow blower than your car
  • you have 10 favorite recipes for moose meat
  • you thought "Grumpy Old Men" was a documentary
  • The snowmobile outlet on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas
  • you live in a house that has no front steps, yet the door is one meter above the ground
  • driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow
  • you think everyone from the city has an accent
  • you think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons
  • you owe more money on your snowmobile than your car
  • the most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun
  • your snow blower gets stuck on the roof
  • you think the start of moose season is a national holiday
  • you frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck
  • you know which leaves make good toilet paper
  • you find -40C a might chilly
  • the trunk of your car doubles as a deep freezer
  • you know the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Not Winter and Almost Winter
  • shoveling the driveway constitutes a great upper body workout

No comments:

Post a Comment