Friday, January 24, 2014

Follow Through Fry-Day

My favorite day of the week!! Not only is it almost the week I get to link up with some of my favorite blog ladiesss!

My week was not that great...
It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that great.
I've been having a really hard time getting up in the mornings to get to the gym.
I'm blaming it on the cold weather because my gym is freezing.
We've also had tons and tons of stress in our home life the past few weeks.
My husbands truck has been in the shop for over a month.
You read that right OVER A MONTH.
We still have no idea whats wrong.
He does not deal with stress very well, sooo there's that.
I thought we had evaded the flu but I think it's finally hit us.
I can't stop sneezing and Mabel told me this morning her nose was broken haha.

Oh well you can't win them all!

I did manage to make it to the gym three days this week. Thats better than none.
I also prepped my meals and did really well eating.

I haven't weighed myself, because I need to get into the mind set that food is fuel and I'm fueling for a half marathon.

I don't think I can the whole "diet" thing and train for a half.
I just want to make sure I'm fueling my Rungrys with good food and not crap.

I'm also kinda freaking out about my half. I really need to get my ass in gear and up my weekly mileage. I just wish it was nice out so I could run outside... womp womp.

Next week is a new week, and hopefully I'll be starting T25....eeeeek.
I'm super nervous. If it gets here on time. I will be giving you guys a full run down Monday.

So goals for next week.

  • Prep meals 
  • No cheats, except one which must be EARNED!
  • Gym 5 days
  • Finish Week 6 of Couch 2 5k

Weekly goals are more doable for me.
I don't give up as quickly.

I hope everyone is feeling better, and not getting sick...!

Don't forget today is the last day to enter the V.S. gift card giveaway!!



7 comments:

  1. I didn't have the best mindset training for my half. I thought "look at al these calories I must be burning. I need to refuel with ALL THE CARBS!!" even after training runs during the week. And the long run on the weekend?? HA! forget about it. CARB-O-SAURUS!! I ended up weighing more during my half marathon than I do now. Oh well, live and learn. Sounds like you have your head right. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a broken nose? how cute!!! hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all start feeling better very soon! I'm going to the grocery today, to meal prep for next week! :). And plan on hitting the gym too!

    I do a lot better if I have weekly goals, they seem much more attainable than one's that are farther out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good goals, I need to be better at prepping meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the season for sickness! Impressed you did 3 days though. :)
    I'm also getting terrified about my training too. Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're doing ok. You do need to fuel for those Long runs or you won't make it. You'll burn out. So I think not weighing is a great idea. Who knows, with all the running and now t25 you may just shock yourself when it's all done!!
    Don't stress about the half, you'll rock it no matter what!!
    I hope you guys are feeling better, and get the truck back soon! A month is terrible!! And sorry you guys are dealing with stress! That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life sucks sometimes...but over all I think you're doing great. Be proud of the things you are accomplishing.

    ReplyDelete