Monday, August 4, 2014

A WHOLE Different Recipe.

Originally today I was going to share a recipe for energy bites, but we had a crazy crazy weekend full of family, food, emergency room trips, cows, and fried food.
Needless to say I did not make to the grocery store to get all the stuff... or anything.
So I had to make due with what I had around the house and I remembered Brandi posting an instagram or something about sweet potato waffles.

I decided to give a go, and they were fricking amazing/ horrible.
How is that possible you say? Well the taste, and the ingredients were amazing. No added sugar, no dairy and no gluten.
Seriously. Amazing.

So what was the horrible part?

The part where I attempted to make them in the waffle maker. Yeah, pass.
I even read the fine print in the original post here where she says you can skip the hassle and make these as pancakes on a pan, but I decided to beastmode cowboy and make my husband use the waffle maker... haha.
Note the mess from the regular waffles....


So after realizing that the waffle maker wasn't the best we (he) finished them up in the pan.

Either way they were frickin bomb, and I will for sure be eating a lot of these for the next few months.

Here is the original post with the full recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that looks like a mess but sounds delicious and worth the try! I WILL be making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these looks amazing!! I love it! Definitely going to try these and not tell the hubby they are sweet potato pancakes. haha.

    ReplyDelete