Thursday, September 18, 2014

Coffee and Snickerdoodles.

So yesterday I tried some new things.
Now I'm kind of obsessed with them. For real.
The first was I finally tried Bulletproof coffee... Weird yet somehow insanely satisfying and kept me full forever. I used coconut sugar and coconut oil. I also added a little almond milk and mixed the whole thing in a bullet blender. I tried to sip it, but I think it's best drank fast. I think I will be added it to my morning routine, but I won't lie I still miss my Hood creamer.



The second thing I tried were these little pieces of heaven called
Coconut Sugar Snickerdoodle Bombs.
So easy, so simple. Dairy, grain, sugar, and gluten free.... AND STILL AMAZING.


Recipe: Coconut Sugar Snickerdoodle Bombs (makes about 2 dozen cookies)
2.5 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 TBSP coconut sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon, mixed together, to roll cookies in
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until combined. Scoop out small portions, roll into a ball, and then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating!

There's not many words I can use to describe these except for fucking.awesome.
They are kid AND hubby approved. In fact, they are approved by every single person who has tasted them.
Someone shared them in the sugar detox group I'm doing and my neice and I decided to give them a go.
They were originally posted on this blog which also has a million other recipes we want to try, like these Pumpkin Clouds or these Grain Free Lemon "Buttermilk" pancakes.

1 comment: