"Milk Mom, Milk Mom, Milk Mom."
It feels like an eternity.
Don't get me wrong I love my life just the way it is. I wouldn't change a second of it, but sometimes I'm not so postive my mind has gotten the memo that we are adults now.
Especially in these situations.
1. When Tony and I are going out for the nightWhether it be to a town function or a movie when I go to jump in the shower by default I go the fridge to grab a beer. My level is immediately brought down when the first thing I see in the fridge is not a beer but a half finished cup of juice and a million gallons of milk.
Oh yeah we are adults now.
Sometimes I even have a second lapse when I go to reach for a shot in between curls in my hair.
2. When I'm driving and MY JAM comes on.I've gotten better about this now that my daughter remembers song lyrics, but still it takes every single ounce of will power not to turn up the volume and rap every word to What's Your Fantasy by my man Luda
3. When I get a bill in the mail.Almost by reflex I toss it in a pile, and then reality slaps me in the face and I remember, Shit I actually have to pay those now or my kids will not have Mickey Mouse Club House and mommy will run away.
4. When I get a taste of booze.Literally even a whiff. My dance moves return, my desire to pee in alley ways, and my phone starts dialing random people. Then in the morning while I'm battling horrible headaches I have to scroll my recent call list and make amends.
5. When I'm home during the day and I'm hungry.I will seriously put together the most random meals. Like right now I'm thinking about how many things I can fit into a quesadilla. At least now that I'm a semi adult my meals are more healthy than the mac and cheese, with cut up burger and pulled pork bowls I put together in college.
Does anyone else struggle with this? Please tell me at least one of you still drink beer in the shower and there's still hope out there.